Lucino Sotelo was appointed to the Chicago Board of Education by Mayor Lori Lightfoot and began serving on June 26, 2019.
Mr. Sotelo currently serves as the Chief Digital Officer, Wealth Management at Northern Trust Corporation. He is an award-winning digital and marketing executive, consistently delivering transformational results. He has led teams at W.W. Grainger, BMO Harris, HSBC, Grant Thornton, Diamond Technology Partners and CSC Index.
Mr. Sotelo has committed himself to community and investing in organizations that help others achieve higher levels of success, with a passionate focus on educational equality in all communities:
• City Year Chicago | Executive Board Member & Committee Chair
• Association of Latino Professionals For America | Senior Leadership Council
• Leadership of Greater Chicago Fellow | Former Executive Board Member
• Chicago Planning Commission | Former Commissioner
• Peace and Education Coalition, Executive Service Corps Chicago, YMCA – Former Board Member
Mr. Sotelo has an MBA from Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management and a Bachelors of Science degree from DePaul University in Accounting. He is a proud CPS alum of Wells Community Academy and proud parent of two current CPS students. Mr. Sotelo was recognized as one of the country’s 2018 Top Latino Leaders by the National Diversity Council, 2015 Top Ten Lideres by Hispanic Executive Magazine, Chicago United Business Leader of Color, Diversity MBA’s Top 100 Executives, Who’s Who In Hispanic Chicago and Instituto Del Progreso Latino Spirit Award.
Mr. Sotelo lives in Chicago with his wife Maria, enjoys coaching his son’s baseball team and playing golf with his daughter.